" Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer".
WHO IS OUR CLIENT?
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking a Materials Modeling & Data Science specialist to join the Catalyst Center of Excellence (CCoE) at Aramco’s Research & Development Center (R&DC). The CCoE is responsible for designing innovative catalysts to convert oil and natural gas into higher value fuels and chemicals, in addition to sustainability catalysts which enable CO2 utilization, low-carbon fuels production, and a hydrogen economy.
WHAT IS YOUR CHALLENGE?
The candidate will lead multiple projects and tasks associated with Materials Modeling & Data Science as part of a team which will accelerate the discovery of catalytic materials to resolve significant challenges in the hydrocarbon industry, and will complement existing experimental work through theoretical framework.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a related field from a recognized institution. Strong background in catalysis, DFT and data science.
- A robust theoretical background in computational catalysis using density functional theory (DFT), microkinetic modeling, data science, and strong software development skills. Exposure to process engineering is preferred.
- Ability to present theoretical interpretation to experimental observations, using theoretical background to predict new and improved catalysts, and use data science to generate surrogate models to propose new catalysts based on limited experimental data.
- At least five years relevant experience.
- Strong record of publications in recognized peer-reviewed journals and presented research outcomes in international events. Outstanding communication skills in English is also a requirement.
- Experience with process simulations and techno-economic evaluations is preferred. Granted patents based on novel research results is also preferred.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop computational models to simulate catalytic reactions, model a variety of catalytic systems (e.g. metals, metal oxides, and zeolites), develop fundamental understanding for these complex reaction systems, and propose new catalysts to overcome the limitations of existing catalysts.
- Use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to develop surrogate models to propose new catalysts based on previous experimental results with the goals of accelerating the timeline for materials discovery and optimizing the outcome of the catalytic process (e.g. yield, conversion, and process conditions).
- Remain updated with the current and fast evolving field, be able to publish technical findings in international peer reviewed journals and spread awareness of the latest tools and techniques in the organization.
- Oversee and provide technical leadership to a team of junior scientists and engineers, and be responsible for the training and development of junior mentees.
- Organize and lead teams for specific projects and tasks, and manage discussions with internal and external project teams.
REWARDS & BENEFITS OVERVIEW
Our client offers excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits and other programs designed to meet the diverse needs of their employees and their families.
Salary - commensurate with experience and individual qualifications.
Salary packages can include expatriate premiums & supplemental benefits plans
Housing: housing allowance
Healthcare: Access to top-notch healthcare is an important part of working as an expatriate for our client.
Dependent Education: High School allowance
Annual vacation: 22 days of vacation leave per year. In addition to annual vacations days, employees also receive 11 paid company holidays each year.
Repatriation allowance: Annually round trip to your home country.
THE STAGES OF THIS PROCESS ARE:
1. Resume Evaluation: A member of our recruitment team will evaluate that your resume matches the client's job description requirement.
Use the job description requirements to highlight your relevant experience and skills.
Be specific and describe the significance of your work, keyword alignment is important. Emphasize the impact of the work you've contributed to HR areas and tasks. Use your professional profile/resume to focus on major accomplishments and qualifications that match the job.
If your resume evaluation is suitable for this position, the recruitment team will invite you to a preliminary phone/video interview in 2-3 days.
If your resume evaluation is not suitable, you will be receiving an e-mail notification in 2-3 days.
2. Interviews stage
2.1 LHR Americas preliminary phone/video interview: A member of the Talent Acquisition team from LHR Americas will first schedule a call with you to discuss the details of the position, your interests, and qualifications. Furthermore, your English level will be evaluated at this stage, ONLY native or advanced speakers will approve this evaluation.
If this preliminary phone/video interview is successful your resume will be submitted to our client.
If your preliminary phone/video interview is not successful our Talent Acquisition consultant will inform you.
2.2 Client phone/video interview: This interview will happen only if your resume is approved by our client, we cannot guarantee the time our Client will take to approve your resume, but it should take less than a week.
If your resume is approved a member of the Talent Acquisition Team from our client will schedule a call with you to evaluate your qualifications.
The client interview contains technical questions that help assess your familiarity with problem-solving in your given field and may include a behavioral evaluation. Be prepared to explain how you approach problems and produce solutions.
If your phone interview is successful, the hiring team will further evaluate your resume, and they will invite you to a video interview when hiring managers are available.
If your resume is not approved, LHR Americas will inform you.
2.3 Video interviews with hiring managers: which may also contain technical questions that help us assess your familiarity with problem-solving in your given field.
3. Conditional Offer
A successful interview may result in a conditional offer of employment.
Conditions for employment include but are not limited to: medical examinations, and permission to secure a visa to work and reside in-country.
4. Relocation process
After your offer is accepted and all conditions for employment are met, you will be assigned a relocation advisor from LHR Americas. This advisor is your go-to resource for the transition, providing helpful advice on everything from when to give notice to your current employer to visa services.