" Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer".
WHO IS OUR CLIENT?
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking a Building & Construction Materials & Composites Development Specialist to join our Non-metallic Applications Development Division, which is responsible for conducting cutting-edge research activities to disrupt Non-metallic businesses and enable further adoption of polymeric materials at a global level. The division's goal is to develop innovative composites-based technologies, which enable increased demand for polymers in five main sectors (Oil & Gas, Building & Construction, Automotive, Renewables and Packaging).
WHAT IS YOUR CHALLENGE?
The Specialist's primary role is to support the development of a new generation of composite materials for Building & Construction (B&C) applications, focusing on polymer composite reinforcements (e.g., composites, rebars, polymer in concrete and reinforced concrete).
- MS degree in Materials Science and Engineering, with a specific focus area of materials for building and construction, PhD is preferred.
- Ten years’ experience related to non-metallic materials science in industrial and non-industrial fields, including at least seven years in composite materials for building and construction applications.
- Significant experience in business planning, project management, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to initiate technology projects and advance them through commercialization and graduation stages.
- Experience with techno-economic evaluations, and software and simulations related to composite materials is preferred.
- Able to publish papers in highly-recognized journals, present research outcomes in international events, and grant patents based on novel research results.
- Familiar with international standards used for composites materials in B&C, composite and manufacturing processes (e.g., pultrusion) used for the high-volume production of composites products used in B&C.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with authorized engineers, research organizations and manufacturers to identify technical gaps and challenges that hinder the massive adoption of polymer composites in the B&C sector, and identifying routes of developments. This will include, conducting technical feasibility studies, leading the research and develop the technologies for piloting and commercialization, designing R&D strategies, launching research projects, leading lab technicians and junior scientists, and engaging external partners to advance the technology readiness level of the targeted development.
- Project planning, execution, implementation and data analysis, as well as liaising with stakeholders to ensure seamless integration with ongoing efforts associated with non-metallic initiatives.
- Building in-house capabilities across multiple disciplines including, mechanical properties assessment of composites and polymer characterizations.
- Training junior scientists and engineers while remaining current with engineering and scientific technological developments, such as cost-effective high polymer content rebars and polymers in concrete solutions.
REWARDS & BENEFITS OVERVIEW
Our client offers excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits and other programs designed to meet the diverse needs of their employees and their families.
Salary - commensurate with experience and individual qualifications.
Salary packages can include expatriate premiums & supplemental benefits plans
Housing: housing allowance
Healthcare: Access to top-notch healthcare is an important part of working as an expatriate for our client.
Dependent Education: High School allowance
Annual vacation: 22 days of vacation leave per year. In addition to annual vacations days, employees also receive 11 paid company holidays each year.
Repatriation allowance: Annually round trip to your home country.
THE STAGES OF THIS PROCESS ARE:
1. Resume Evaluation: A member of our recruitment team will evaluate that your resume matches the client's job description requirement.
Use the job description requirements to highlight your relevant experience and skills.
Be specific and describe the significance of your work, keyword alignment is important. Emphasize the impact of the work you've contributed to HR areas and tasks. Use your professional profile/resume to focus on major accomplishments and qualifications that match the job.
If your resume evaluation is suitable for this position, the recruitment team will invite you to a preliminary phone/video interview in 2-3 days.
If your resume evaluation is not suitable, you will be receiving an e-mail notification in 2-3 days.
2. Interviews stage
2.1 LHR Americas preliminary phone/video interview: A member of the Talent Acquisition team from LHR Americas will first schedule a call with you to discuss the details of the position, your interests, and qualifications. Furthermore, your English level will be evaluated at this stage, ONLY native or advanced speakers will approve this evaluation.
If this preliminary phone/video interview is successful your resume will be submitted to our client.
If your preliminary phone/video interview is not successful our Talent Acquisition consultant will inform you.
2.2 Client phone/video interview: This interview will happen only if your resume is approved by our client, we cannot guarantee the time our Client will take to approve your resume, but it should take less than a week.
If your resume is approved a member of the Talent Acquisition Team from our client will schedule a call with you to evaluate your qualifications.
The client interview contains technical questions that help assess your familiarity with problem-solving in your given field and may include a behavioral evaluation. Be prepared to explain how you approach problems and produce solutions.
If your phone interview is successful, the hiring team will further evaluate your resume, and they will invite you to a video interview when hiring managers are available.
If your resume is not approved, LHR Americas will inform you.
2.3 Video interviews with hiring managers: which may also contain technical questions that help us assess your familiarity with problem-solving in your given field.
3. Conditional Offer
A successful interview may result in a conditional offer of employment.
Conditions for employment include but are not limited to: medical examinations, and permission to secure a visa to work and reside in-country.
4. Relocation process
After your offer is accepted and all conditions for employment are met, you will be assigned a relocation advisor from LHR Americas. This advisor is your go-to resource for the transition, providing helpful advice on everything from when to give notice to your current employer to visa services.